Yesterday I had the chance to do an Autumn mother & daughter photo shoot with Natalie and Layla. It is such a beautiful time of year and makes for some beautiful pictures. We had a great time in the autumn leaves. Layla was a great little model.
Here are some of the pictures we managed to capture and some tips on how to get the best from your Autumn shoots.
1. Dress up warm in case it is cold. Wellies are always a good option because even it it is dry there might be some puddles to splash about in, and we need to get in and amongst the leaves and there might be mud!
2. Find ways to incorporate as much nature in to your shots. Here we chose a gorgeous bench made crudely from an entire tree trunk which made the ideal spot for Nat and Layla to sit and have a cuddle.
3. When photographing children, get them involved in the process of making the pictures. Here I asked Layla to go pick herself a beautiful leaf and then I asked her to tell me what she liked about it and here I captured her thought process.
4. What could be more fun than showering yourself in crisp autumn leaves!
5. Layla loves to sing and here I captured her singing one of her favourite songs from Frozen. Finding out about your subjects and talking about the things they love always brings out their personalities, and you may even get serenaded like I did!
6. I love to capture the scale of nature. Here Layla was actually turning round to wonder why we were being so slow, but I wanted to let her have a little explore. We were heading back for an ice cream and a play on the playground, which was the treat we promised her for being such a great model!
I hope you like these shots and get some ideas from this for your own Autumn shoots!